How to Add a Token to Your MyEtherWallet
- Go to www.myetherwallet.com.
- Click on the “View Wallet Info” tab
- Click “Add Custom Token” on the right-hand side under “token balances,”
- Enter the contract address, the number of decimals, and the token symbol (this information will be given to you buy the contract creator; in the cases of ICOs, the entity that created the ICO).
- Click “Save”
You now have the tokens that were sent your MyEtherWallet!
For more information see MyEtherWallet’s How to Add / Send / View Custom Tokens on MyEtherWallet.
An Example of Adding a Token to MyEtherWallet
EX. For the Unikoin Gold token (which was launched as an ICO), the following information is needed:
- Token Contract Address: 0x24692791Bc444c5Cd0b81e3CBCaba4b04Acd1F3B
- Token Symbol: UKG
- Decimals: 18
These general instructions apply to all Ethereum based tokens and wallets (ERC-20 tokens and wallets like MetaMask, Mist, EthereumWallet, etc). The steps are slightly different for each wallet, but the gist is the same. See an example of adding a token in Mist.
The key is having an ERC-20 wallet, having tokens sent to you, and then denoting the contract address, the number of decimals, and token symbol (so your tokens can display).
TIP: You can check your token and ether balances on ethplorer.io.
TIP: Once you have your tokens loaded into your wallet, you can send and receive them just as you send and receive ether. To send in MyEtherWallet, just toggle the drop-down that says “ETH” next to “amount to send” and pick the symbol of the token you want to send. Share your public address to receive.
ON ETHEREUM CLASSIC TOKENS: The same basic logic works for Ethereum Classic. However, you first need to switch to the Ethereum Classic node (select it in the top right corner for MyEtherWallet). After doing that you can “add custom tokens” for Ethereum Classic. See How to Send Ethereum Classic (ETC) via MyEtherWallet.
- How do I create a custom token in MEW (www.myetherwallet.com)?
- MyEtherWallet’s How to Add / Send / View Custom Tokens on MyEtherWallet